Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Our Baby

Our baby girl turned one on October 26. She is so sweet and it has been a wonderful year because of her. She makes us laugh so much. It's crazy how fast they learn things and it's even crazier how quickly the year went.
All day long, I just kept thinking about what I was doing exactly at that time last year. For instance, when Annalyse woke me up at five thirty that morning I sat there thinking how I was in the shower having contractions with her at home at five thirty the previous year.
Then I remembered how we took the back roads to the hospital and I would make Sam come to a complete stop when I was having contractions because the bumps in the road only added to the pain.
Once we got to the hospital the weather turned scary. They closed all the windows and curtains because debris was flying around outside. There was even talk of a tornado so they put all of us in the nursery because it had no windows to the outside. There was one lady still in her bed because she was just out of a c-section, one woman cramping and in obvious pain from giving birth the day before, one couple ready to leave, one woman rocking back and forth in pain because she was ripped off of her pitocin so she could be in there and then there was me. My contractions were not close together yet so i just dealt with it. It was interesting.
My little tornado.
For Anna's birthday we treated her to lots of pizza at Pizza Hut. She loves pizza!! Then all came home and played on the floor as a family.
Annalyse took some time to fix her piano.
As soon as she turned one it seemed like she started saying a bunch of new things. The very next day she surprised us with words like "Mimi", "Bebe", and "Bopa."
Just one more tweak.

Aha! It's fixed.
We love our little tornado. It's been a great year.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Motherhood is so amazing. I. Am Mao thankful for a God that loves us even more than we can love our children. Every time I look at Dietrich I see God. I see creation and perfection. Many moms love nap time for a break. I miss my baby's smile, laughter, and presence! So I make myself busy during his nap time so it goes by quickly! Oh btw you have me guilty for not blogging! I'm off to work on that now :)