Sunday, October 18, 2009

Busy Birthday


I wanted to sleep in a little on my birthday but my daughter decided that I needed to wake up early instead. We cleaned up at home and did some laundry. Then we went to my parents' house and organized the scrapbook closet. Then my dad and I worked on making apple butter. While the apple butter cooked we decided that we wanted to make up some pie shells to freeze for the holidays so we went to work on that. My dad mixed them up and I rolled them out. We made good time and pumped out a total of nine and a half pie shells. This one is actually a kiddie-size pie, filled with our very own homemade apple butter. It turned out very well and we were super proud.

Sam told me to get dressed up and he took me out for my 25th. It was our first night out since Ruby was born. He took me to Casa Grille for supper, which was where we ate on our first date. I love it when he takes me out for dinner...it means I don't have to cook ;) Then he surprised me with Coldstone ice cream. Ahhhhh!!! I love this man...and I love Coldstone! It was a great birthday and a busy one. I wouldn't have had it any other way and as I thought about my 25 years of life I realized that I truly have everything I have ever wanted. I am married to the man of my dreams and I have the amazing gift of being a mother to Ruby. I love my family and I spent the day improving our food storage and bonding with my father. And of course the day had the perfect ending with ice cream and my hubby;) Happy 25th to me!

No comments: