Saturday, January 28, 2012

Grace Island Cheese Crisps

I was asked by a friend to try a product and blog my thoughts. First, here's a little bit about the product. Grace Island Specialty Foods produces a unique product-baked cheese crisps. They are truly baked cheese, something that I love anyway. Each batch is made with just cheese, eggs, sesame seeds (to hold everything together, I guess) and various seasonings. Because the crisps are gluten free, sugar free and low carb they are a very healthy snack for my little ones. I tried each flavor, Parmesan, Asiago, Romano and Baby Swiss. My favorite was definitely the baby swiss. The flavor of the Baby Swiss was much milder than the others. The others were a little too salty tasting to me, but I am more inclined to sweet things anyways.

As for my kids, Annalyse loved them and wouldn't stop eating the crisps. Ruby, on the other hand, refused to eat any. She tasted one and pushed the rest away. Oh well, she's two so what can I say. I had some family over and they seemed to like the crisps as well.

Would I purchase this product on a regular basis? Probably not. The crisps seem to be so rich in taste that we probably wouldn't eat them as everyday snacks. Plus the fact that only one child in our house likes them. I generally try to buy snacks that everyone will enjoy. We will probably purchase Grace Island cheese crisps for special occasions which call for crackers, dips and cheese balls.

I definitely recommend cheese crisps to all moms and parents that are in search of a tasty and healthy snack. I am a little reserved about the price, but I realize that healthy snacks aren't always the cheapest. I am grateful for the opportunity to try a new product and share my thoughts. To try Grace Island Cheese Crisps follow this link http://graceislandfoods.com

No comments: