Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The "M" Word

Seriously...Monogamy, people, monogamy. When did it become overrated? Because it's not. It means being soley devoted to one's spouse physically AND emotionally. Don't worry folks, my marriage is sound I am just on my soap box. Again, I am not talking about my marriage. Sam and I are completely devoted to one another and to our family. I was going to post this on Facebook, but the truth is that I probably would get all kinds of hateful responses because sooooooo many people have had feelings for someone during their marriage or have done worse. In fact, I don't even mean to sound hateful I just feel very sad, disappointed and frustrated for those who find themselves involved with anything close to infidelity. Satan is attacking families. He CANNOT win. I know everyone has their own side to a story, I have just heard a few too many lately and frankly had to speak out about it.

2 comments:

Cherie and Jeff said...

Agree...so glad you are ok... It is tough in a world like this when so many people think so many things are OK? Or I guess they just don't think it will happen to them. We can't be too careful! Hugs to you and yours.

You said the M word...I was thinking your little one said mama...or something like that...

Danielle said...

I get it. I totally get it how Satan is out to get any type of victory he can. I just continue praying over my marriage daily because it's just too easy to walk away or let stray thoughts come in. What really makes a person is commitment to their marriage. Marriage, just like Christianity, is a choice. We chose to follow the hard road that leads to victory. Never saw someone stay in shape the easy way!! Just like choosing whether to have that next piece of chocolate or next service, we choose how we act toward our spouse and toward our marriage :)