Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Mother's Joys and Worries


Joys first...after spilled jelly, yogurt, spaghettios and something the color red had christened the inside of the refrigerator today we decided to clean it. Sam took the bottom apart and cleaned for me, while Ruby tested out the temperature. Once we were all done taking pictures and saying how cute it was to climb in the refrigerator we had to have a serious talk with her about never doing that again because it is unsafe. Oh man.
Annalyse is crawling and after two months of non-stop whining and crying she is finally happy. She loves being able to kind of keep up with everyone and follow us around the house. Today she was crawling around talking and squealing to herself. Of course she hit the ground running with the crawling thing and I must be out of practice. On her third day of mobilization she unloaded our bookshelf, opened the drawer with our sheet music in it and dropped a remote with batteries in it and then ate the batteries that fell out. Seriously, this all happened within ten minutes.
Now worries...I realized tonight that I must always be aware that I am showing love equally to both of my girls. I always feel that if I am hugging and loving on one the other might feel left out, even though they are both under the age of two. Still, I never want them to feel that I love one more than the other. The truth is that when you have the first child you have all the time in the world to sit and play and read with them and love on them. It's all about them and only them. Poor second child, third and so on. They will never have that. Poor Anna, it's never just about Anna. I guess the consolation is that Anna is growing up with a playmate. Oh well, that's enough worries for now. If I started stating all of my worries you might have me committed.

1 comment:

Cherie and Jeff said...

What was that song...NO WORRIES, BE HAPPY! Haha. You are awesome. I am sure...absolutely...you are the best of moms! And all the stress about the fridge...ya got a clean fridge out of it! Aren't kids wonderful! Hugs alot.