Thursday, March 3, 2011

Family Update

Just thought I would update anyone and everyone who might occasionally read the "All Kinds of Crazy" Zollman blog. Sam is still toughing out the third shift. This week has really killed him. In fact, he is still asleep on the couch at 10:25 pm and has to leave by 10:30pm. Hmmm....why is he still asleep on a Thursday when it's his day off of school? Because intelligent me decided he needed to up his vitamin intake since he lives on two hours of sleep a day. I divied out all the vitamins this morning between Sam, Ruby and I, packed the girls up and left so that Sam could have a full, uninterrupted day of rest. The flippin' vitamins kept him up all day and he could not fall asleep until eight thirty this evening.

Annalyse is chunking up quite a bit and is so cute. The doctor's comment at her appointment the other day was that she was definately not malnourished. I wonder what gave it away, the rolly thighs or the huge cheeks. She smiles and laughs and coos. Her favorite person is Ruby. Ruby loves her too, but of course all the toys are only on loan to Annalyse. They really belong to Ruby ;) When I lay them on the bed to get changed in the morning Anna will just stare and laugh at her sister and Ruby will roll around giggling and laughing pretending that Annalyse is tickling her, which makes Anna laugh even more. It really is very cute.

Ruby is the glue of this family. She makes sure that everything and everyone is in its place. Her favorite person is Joey. Her favorite phrase is "yippy skippy". Who says "yippy skippy"? "Boppa" or Grandpa. Ruby can 'meow' better than any kitty around, but she still makes a growling roar sound whenever you mention a cow. Someday I will take her on a barnyard safari and we will discover the real sounds that a cow makes. Oh, also, Ruby will very proudly show you her eyes, her ears, her mouth, her nose and so on, but if you ask her where her elbow is she will always point to her wrist and when you ask her where her wrist is she will point to her wrist and say elbow. I must have been tired the day that we were learning body parts and I pointed to the wrist and said elbow. I promise it only happened once and I have corrected myself evertime since, but she is convinced that her elbow and her wrist are one in the same.

I am still teaching swim lessons at the YMCA, which is halarious because I don't swim. I stick to the classes that are taught in the shallow end, like the baby and mommy class, the preschool swim and the arthritis class. I love it though. It gets me out of the house and Ruby goes swimming with me every Monday. She is going to be an amazing swimmer. She really loves the water. I continue to gain baby weight even though I am not pregnant. It just sounds better to say it that way, rather than just saying that I gain weight because I eat out of boredom and depression. Ummm...I love my calling. I teach the music in primary, which is the calling that I never wanted to have. But I love it after all. My laundry is never done, but I am learning to deal with it and I love my family. That sums it all up for now.

3 comments:

Sara and the Boys said...

Ughhh! I just wrote you a very long comment and it didn't work! Now I can't remember everything I said! Anyway, I know how ya feel; life is definitely crazy! But it is good so it works out :) I recommend a good cry every now and then, it does wonders! I also recommend a green smoothie; it is a great pick-me-up. One of my favorites is to fill up 3/4ths of a blender with frozen spinach and then adding chunks of fresh pineapple, a banana, and about a cup of orange juice and then blend til smooth. I think it tastes great, although I have yet to convince Dirk :) My boys like them though, especially Kyle, he just guzzles them. I also like to replace the banana with fresh mango, that is waaaay good to. I think that was just about everything i mentioned before :) Love ya Laura! Sara

Cherie and Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherie and Jeff said...

I AM A DORK!!! I wrote a comment and must have reverted back to 5 years old...I put wrong words in and it looked horrible...so I am rewriting! ha
I just wanted you to know it seems many young mothers in your situation are having the same experiences. Just remember you are wonderful...Your husband loves you, your kids are healthy and I am sure if you are able someone...especially someone in Virginia...would love to take care of your kids while you had some me time!! If you ever need to chat I am here. Hugs to all of you...
Cherie (and Jeff)
PS LOVE THE BLOG!!!